Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Boat Family Shake-down

  So I've taken the boat out a couple times but hadn't had the nerve (confidence) to do it...until the wifey's birthday.  I rebuilt the carb and took a VERY quick crash-course in outboard motors...who knew there was something new to learn about engines?  I thought I'd seen it all with bikes, cars, and planes but these boat engines are a different breed entirely.  Anyway, I got the engine fixed up so it would finally start with one pull so I guess it was time to do the deal.
  So as I was saying, Joyce really wanted to take it out with the kids so we took it to Hayden Lake....and....


...see those smiles?  Yeah, it was a great time.  What I thought was going to be the shortest boat trip of all about 1 hour turned into over three!  Of course, the canopy was a big hit and helped a ton.


No comments:

Post a Comment