Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Update: Boat Canopy Frame Completed

  Sorry it took so long to update you on the canopy project, but things get uber busy about this time of year.  So I ended up getting some brackets made, though anybody could make some out of steel plate, angle, or channel of they wanted to.  I, unfortunately, have no time for such a thing...and I have no vice, which I kick myself for not buying every time I need one.  Aurgh...not having the right tools just blows.  Anyways, I digress...
  I do, however, have a few friends that are really good with machines that are willing to help me out with little project just like this one.  So here are the brackets on the verticals:

  And here is the finished frame mounted to the boat:


   The rope represents where the canopy will tie the two uprights together...
  It totally figures that the rainclouds were closing in pressuring me to get the boat covered, so I threw the tarp on it and pushed it to the side of the house (with the help of the wifey driving while I pushed, of course).
   ...and wouldn't you know it, she dun parked it good!  You should see her parallel park...no, really, she's actually pretty amazing...

No comments:

Post a Comment