Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hiawatha Ride, August 2012

  So the wifey has been really wanting to do the Hiawatha with the kids all summer and we finally made it happen.  To make the experience even better, my buddy Darcy and his family and his brother-in-law's family came along too. 

Darcy rearin' to go...what's that growin' out of his head?!
  I had to show this pic...Darcy is clearly a devoted biker...I mean who brings a $3k bike to a ride where you barely have to pedal?  I have to say though, his light saved our bacon - I thought the train was right behind me!

Darcy's brother- and sister-in-law (owner of three kids)
 
Kristin counting kiddos...
The whole gaggle...ready to hit the Taft Tunnel
    And let me tell you, it was apparent it was the first time the kid-to-parent ratio was more than 1:1 for me.  It was great fun though...they kids screamed damn near the whole way through the first tunnel - the Taft Tunnel - and were totally into it!  
Taft Tunnel Exit

Stopped for lunch



...holy moly...do you see that headlight!?  That thing made me feel like we were being chased by a train...


Shlepping the 'chariot'


End of the ride!







No comments:

Post a Comment